LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Game Shop

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Another busy day at the little game shop by the busy streets. Fey still remembered how she was intent on landing the job here, mainly because she wanted to be in a place where she could relive her childhood memories. From puzzles to board games, along with digital video games, this little shop was packed with all sorts of hobbies. It was surprising how empty it usually was; Fey hoped that she'd have at least more than one customer each day. She felt like she was just gaining money with no effort by leaning against the counter reading her school books. She even put the effort of putting on the colorful uniform that the owner had very happily introduced.

She was saving up ever since last month to treat her household with gifts. Mino-chan kept talking about a new mixer that had gone on sale. She noticed Paige eyeing a certain hoodie at the mall a week ago. Even though Sarah was silent, Fey noticed her compassion towards her teddy bear. Maybe some cute accessories for her teddy would be a nice gift. L loved sweets, so it was easy to pick something out for him. Near was too; this store was filled with puzzles, so she'd let him choose. Even though she hadn't spoken to Mello for days, she'd surprise him with a bag full of chocolate bars. The list would continue; for now, she'd just work extra hard.

Fey's eyes lifted up towards the see-through door, eyeing the sight of light rainfall with a sigh. "So much for another successful business day..."

Last edited by Fey | May on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Knowing just how hard Fey worked to try and match her own pace, Rayne opted to pay her a visit at work with a treat in hand. The girl had picked up her junior's favourite ice cream and headed over to the small game shop.

The brunette was glad that she had the plastic bag to keep the small bucket of ice cream from getting wet. She entered the store with a smile, pushing her sopping wet hair from where it stuck to her face.

"Fey~" She stepped up to the counter where the girl leaned. "I brought you something to cheer you up on this dreary day."

Rayne grinned widely, sliding the neatly tied bag across the counter.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Fey's first instinct was to bring Rayne over to a dry spot as she used several paper towels to dry the girl down. A smile was plastered upon her face. "I don't know what you were thinking going out in rain like this, Rayne..." She mumbled, giggling a little before grabbing some more paper towels to dry her brown hair. "Thanks for visiting. It was getting lonely around here~ Even Boss is back there snoozing."

Fey's pupils dilated as she eyed the bag upon the counter, sighing dreamily as she walked over to it and touched the cool treat. She immediately untied the knot and smiled widely. "Cookies and cream~!" She chirped. "Nee-san, you know me too well~!" And without a word, the girl rushed towards the back room, shortly returning with two little spoons as she and Rayne sat upon the floor behind the counters and opened up the lid. Fey smiled. "Ice-cream tastes sweeter when it's shared."

Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:28 am

Rayne laughed. "It's only a little bit of rain, Fey. It's not like I'm going to melt or anything."

She grinned at the girl's trying to dry her off because the paper towels became soaking wet long beforethey could soak up enough water.

"I wouldn't want my little Fey-chuu being lonely all cooped up in here," she said. "Of course I know you, girlie~! What kind of a nee-chan would I be if I didn't know your favourite ice cream?"

Rayne accepted the invitation to share the treat with her friend and took one of the spoons that the violet-eyed girl held out to her.

"You're definitely right about that; it does taste yummier when you can share it with someone else." She smiled through a mouthful of deliciousness.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Fey smiled sweetly; Rayne and her calming aura were really something. The two chatted for a while, from today's experiences to the most random topics ever. Through it all, Fey felt a little relieved when the genuine glint of happiness in Rayne's eyes was evident. Thank goodness; at least she was feeling content around Fey, just like Fey felt around her. The rain had begun to fall even harder this time, not ceasing at any moment, and it eventually cut off the power, causing the game shop to grow completely dark.

Being cornered in the now-dark and silent room slowly brought back unpleasant thoughts from the past, but Fey quickly ignored them and turned to a very surprised brunette. "There wasn't even a mention of slight rain in the forecast, and now this..."

Fey hugged her knees close to her and turned her head towards her friend. "Hey, you know what would be cool, nee-san?" She held her hands to her chest and sighed dreamily, childishly hugging her body as she continued, "If Matt came and rescued you from the darkness~"
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Not only did the older of the two choke on her scoop of ice cream, but she almost choked on the spoon as well when Fey mentioned Matt.

"H-hush you," her voice cracked and her cheeks flushed pink.

Then she realized that she'd completely forgotten to text the redhead; he'd asked her to do so because the weather hadn't been very pleasant upon her departure. pulling out her phone she saw that there was no service.

"He's gonna kill me..."
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Fey let out a little laugh and stuck her tongue out; it was just way too cute how easily flustered her big sister got around the mention of the male. Fey watched as Rayne attempted to get her phone to make that familiar sound, but the look of disappointment upon her face proved otherwise. Fey tilted her head and scooted a little closer to Rayne. "Were you supposed to meet up with him?"
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm

"Not exactly. When I headed out he had asked me to text him when I got here just to make sure I was okay because of the weather being nasty. I forgot and now there's no service. He's gonna kill me."

Rayne flailed a bit, whether due to her absentmindedness or the fact that Matt was probably having a heart attack was unknown.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Fey pouted; he didn't want the male to worry over Paige, mainly because she was safe and sound. If some jerk were to enter the store, Fey would make sure that those Karate lessons came in handy, even though she'd probably stand at half the height of any other male. Fey tapped her finger with her chin before an idea made its way to her mind. "Hey, we can try heading to the backroom and see if there's any service there!" The girl suggested, even though she wasn't very good when it came to phones. "I should probably check up on my boss too; I swear, he'll sleep through a tornado." Fey checked to see the time on her watch; it was still just 7 o'clock. She needed to meet up with someone at 9.

Fey pushed herself up on her feet. "I have somewhere to go after too for a bit; hopefully the power'll be back on." She really did hope so, the main reason being for Rayne's safety.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Rayne shook her head. "There won't be; it's the cell towers that are out."

Lifting an eyebrow in inquiry, she questioned Fey. "Boyfriend I don't know about~?"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:35 pm

This time is was Fey's turn to burst into flames, shaking her head vigorously as she flailed her arms around. "N-No, no! Seriously, onee-chan! I don't have a boyfriend!" Fey explained, clearing her throat lightly and turning the other way. "Whoever it may be that I'm bound to be with will come when the time's right. Right now, the single life is for me~!" Fey brought her eyes back to Rayne and shrugged in a very natural (on-purpose) way. "It's nothing big; just dinner with a few girlfriends. We've barely gotten time to hang around these days, so we decided on it about a week ago."

Technically...she was going to a restaurant.

Fey frowned slightly at the mention of the cell towers. "Well, we should at least wait in the backroom for the power to come back on. I have a chessboard there too!"
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:37 pm

((oh come on... could the hint be any clearer??))

Suddenly the door was thrown open just as lightning flashed through the sky.
A completely soaked red-head stood in the doorway, breathing heavily like he had just finished a marathon.
He shook the droplets of water out of his hair and looked around frantically as if to find some terrible scenario in the small game shop.
"I never got that text..." He muttered when he noticed the two girls.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Fey nearly screamed at the dramatic entrance with the help of the lightning, instinctively standing up and grabbing the closest broom before lowering it once she recognized who it was. She turned her head towards Rayne with a smile. "Aha, looks like you don't need to worry anymore~!" The girl chirped, placing a hand on her hip.

((What hint~?))

Last edited by Fey | May on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Matt looked from Fey to Rayne and back, confused.
"You were worried?" He questioned. "Why? It's not like I messed up your room or anything while you were away in an attempt to find my games which you hid from me."
The last sentence came out really quick in the hope Rayne would not have heard it. Especially since he had not been able to clean up the mess yet.

((this hint Razz :
Quote :
"Hey, you know what would be cool, nee-san?" She held her hands to her chest and sighed dreamily, childishly hugging her body as she continued, "If Matt came and rescued you from the darkness~"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:07 pm

((BAHAHA, OH YEAH~
I totally didn't intend on having it be so obvious~~~~ ;D))
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

"I meant to text you, I did. But then there was ice cream and then the power went out. I'm so-- wait, what was that about my room?" She lifted an eyebrow, her apology being cast off to the side as she stood and made her way towards the red head.

"And to answer your question, I was worried that I'd given you a heart attack because I forgot to text you."

((You guys are funny. Razz))
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 pm

"Nothing, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your room... it most certainly does not look like a tornado had passed through which just so happened to also have sucked up a couple of bombs who just so happened to explode the moment it reached your room." Matt said, actually confusing himself. "Anyway, now that I know you're fine I should get back home... I think I accidentally locked the freezer running and the water open. Bye~"
With that he ran outside about as fast as he had appeared just minutes before.

((flash appearance))
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm

"....What just happened?" Rayne was utterly confused.

((xD))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Fey scratched the back of her head. "I'm...not really sure." She clapped her hands and then brought them to her chest, batting her eyes towards her big sister. "But aw~ He really was worried, ne~?"
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm

"I suppose he was, though it seems that he's more worried about me coming home to find my room not how I left it. Jokes on him, though. The games aren't there anyways~"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Fey laughed. "That's my onee-san for you~" Fey placed her hands on her cheeks and leaned in, mumbling incoherent words underneath her breath in attempts to get her sentence right. "Ne, ne, Rayne-onee-san, I really shouldn't ask... And I mean, it isn't my business but... What do you and Matt do together~?" She was curious at the scenes behind a relationship. The couples in her school were so shy and quiet, and all they really did was hold hands.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:45 pm

"EH?" Brown eyes doubled in size and her face went redder than the ripest tomato. "W-what do you mean..?" Her face never faded from being red.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Fey tapped her chin and jut her lower lip out in thought. "Well, I mean like... What do couples really do together? Do you have to always hold hands and stuff? I'm just curious... What does it really mean to be in a relationship?" She was oblivious to how her questions really affected the brunette.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm

"I-I mean...you don't always have to hold hands. Couples just do the same things regular friends do, but at the same time it's kind of different. U-uhm..I mean, couples kiss and all that movie junk." Rayne didn't really know how to explain it and with each passing word her face grew in redness.

She really needed to think about the last question. "Being in a relationship...it doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. It's interpreted differently by different people, really. There's no one answer."
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Fey nodded very slowly, acknowledging that Rayne's words were logical and reasonable, but she didn't really understand them. So she simply smiled and shrugged. "I don't really get it, but...thanks for telling me anyway." She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head. "I like your relationship with Matt though~! It isn't cheesy at all~!" Just then, the lights began to flicker, and the electricity had returned once again. Fey turned towards Rayne with a smile.

"Wah~! It's bright~!" She placed her hands upon her eyes and slowly blinked until she adjusted to the luminosity. "So Rayne-nee-san, what have you planned for later on~?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Game Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game Shop   The Game Shop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Game Shop
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LMA :: LMA HQ :: Outside HQ-
Jump to: