LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Culture Festival~!

Go down 
+3
Sarah Lumina
Minoushje
Fey | May
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

The Culture Festival~! Empty
PostSubject: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

((This is just to start things off; the first few posts can just be planning everything, and after a few days when the other topics start to reach an end, we can start this one! Sound good~?))

May was grinning, finding it hard to calm it down with all the excitement that was building up. The culture festival that her school was hosting was slowly approaching close, and she couldn't wait to share all the events that were going on--there really was something for every one and every couple. She'd announced yesterday at dinner that everyone meet up in the living room at this time so she could explain it all and figure out a plan that would enable them to attend. On a nearby wall, she stuck a large chart, using bold markers to write down the events that could come into her mind.

"Class 2-A's Maid Cafe--For both men and women
Class 1-D's Boyfriend Dunk-A-Thon
Class 3-B's Dance Contest--separate categories for couples and singles!
Class 1-A's Make-Your Own Treat Stand
Class 2-C's Haunted House Themed Cafe
Final event of the day: Class 3-A's Play, 'Air, the Lost Warrior'"

She placed down her marker and leaned against the nearby wall, knowing they'd all be down in a few minutes. She couldn't help but giggle; some of these events seemed to be perfect for the couples in this household. It was an amusing thought, really.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

((okay~
You want Aika's parents here too or what??))

Near was the first one to walk in... perfectly on time as usual.
"You are taking this festival very serious, aren't you." He said as he sat down. "How are the rehearsals going?"

Aika walked in the living room carrying a tray with drinks for everyone and some cake... just like Fey requested.
"Where is everybody?" She questioned when she noticed how empty the room still was.

Sarah came in next.
"M-Mello and Matt are t-too busy trying to kill people in a-a game. I... I asked them to come down but... I... I don't think they heard me."

Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

((Yep, Aika's parents can be there too, but perhaps they'll explain that they'll be gone before the festival~? Unless they're willing to stay~?))

Fey grinned and nodded. "Hehe, it's my final one in high school, after all. And you all are willing to attend, so I've gotta make sure the family's happy." She winked. At the mention of rehearsal, she pressed her lips and lightly hummed. "They're going fine, the lines are all memorized and everything, but the last minute additions are just a little hard to cope with. But don't worry; you'll get to see one heck of a show." Her eyes lifted up to Aika and she waved. "Aika-chan, you're so amazing." She placed a hand on her hip. "Probably on their way down right now, hopefully. Is L-san on his way?"

Fey couldn't help but let out a light giggle at Sarah's adorable shyness, glad she was slowly opening up to them. Fey walked over to the girl and patted her shoulder. "Aw, don't worry~ Let me try; I think I may know how to make them get their lazy butts off. Well, Mello's at least; I'm sure Rayne's the only expert when it comes to Matt." She walked over to the bottom of the stairs and cupped her hands to her chest, knowing this would be a perfect opportunity to test her drama skills.

"WHAT, SARAH? YOU NEED HELP OPENING UP THIS PICKLE JAR? OH DEAR, I'M NOT TOO STRONG THOUGH~ OH MY, ARE YOUR LITTLE HANDS GETTING TIRED FROM ALL THAT EFFORT~? I WONDER WHO'LL BE NICE ENOUGH TO--"

Fey knew she didn't have to continue any longer when some thumping was heard, and a very rushed blonde began to descend down the stairs, keeping in rebellious character as he stopped in the living room. "Hey Sarah, where's the fucking pickle jar? I'll open it up for you, don't you worry--"

"Too late. She decided she didn't want them anymore." Fey grinned. "But now you can finally join us~"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:28 am

Sarah giggled at Fey's successful method to get at least Mello downstairs.

Aika's parents walked in the room.
"We'll be gone by the time the festival is held on your school, dear." Aika's mother said. "But do you mind we still join in and listen?

Aika's father slapped Mello on the shoulder.
"Annoying huh, when they use your love for someone else as an excuse to do anything?" He said softly so only Mello could hear it. "Don't worry, that'll fade away once you married her."
He chuckled when he noticed Mello's expression and walked away to take a seat next to his wife.

Aika had disappeared from the room for a short moment but was now returning... followed by L, who she had to drag away from his office.
"Now we only have to wait for Rayne and Matt." Aika said.
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

Mello choked on the piece of chocolate he munched, punching his chest and coughing when he successfully got in unclogged. His face exploded into a heap of reds as he eyed Hiro with a "YOU MAD?" look. "T-There's still time until...until that happens, okay?!" He huffed and walked over to Sarah with a smile, gently grabbing one hand and placing one hand on her back to lead her to a chair, making sure to hold back any hugs he had been wanting to do.

Fey grinned. "Onii-chan, you take on after mother with the kindness, huh~?" At the sight of L and Aika entering the room together, Fey smiled at Aika's success; he really did get defenseless when she was around him. It was just too cute.

Mello glared. 'Yeah, and I can show you how I've gotten her skill of flingng frying pans at your head--' He took a seat beside Sarah and shook the thought out of his head. He loved Sarah; he'd scream it at the top of his longs on a mountain peak of he had to. He reached over to grab a drink and brought it carefully to Sarah's lips. "Here, take a sip; a little sugar in your system will have you listen well to what Fey has to say."

Fey's smile dropped as she tilted her head towards Aika's parents. "Eh? Really? I mean, of course you can join us! I was just about to call you over here, 'cause I wanted you two to attend too..." The caramel-haired girl mumbled, puffing her cheeks out of habit, but smiling nonetheless. "I'm sorry; I wish it were earlier."
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

"Thank you." Sarah said.
She kept holding on to the cup, this way she did not need to ask for Mello (or someone else) to hand it to her whenever she wanted to take a sip.
"Why are you so flustered?" She asked Mello, sensing his somewhat nervous mood.

"Oh, that's okay." Aika's mother said. "I'm sure Aika will send pictures."
"Of course mother."
Hiro, in the meantime, was looking at 'Ryuuzaki' and Aika followed by looking at Mello and Sarah.
He chuckled.
"Ah young love~" He said to his wife. "It reminds me of when we were young."

Aika's mother, who thought he was only talking about Mello and Sarah laughed.
"Are you already turning in a sentimental old fool?"

"Sentimental... yes... a fool... at times... but old... definitely not!!" Hiro called out passionately. "I can take these young boys on any time!!"
As he said that he stood up and made some sort of made-up karate move.
"Ouch, my back." He complained as he sat back down. "Alright I admit it... maybe I'm not so fit as I used to be."

Near chuckled softly. He could only hope he would grow old in a similar way.
Both in vitality as in love... these days it was rare to see a marriage last that long.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Fey put on a determined face and held up a fist as she approached Hiro, proud tears forming in her eyes. "Wise words, father! Wise words! This flame of youth that burns in everyone's soul shall always remain bright, ne~? When I get wrinkles and bad back problems, I'll proudly accept it~!"

"Yes, dear Fey! Well said!" He did some kind of make-shift handshake, the two managing to high-five in unison in the end. "Stay that happy and you'll make your husband proud~!"

"I'll do it for you, father~! I'll make you proud~!" But her marriage was still long in the future. Fey took this opportunity to glance over at Aika with a brief grin before giving Hiro a hug.

Mello's breath hitched in his throat when Sarah took notice of his nervous state; was he that predictable, or did she just have a sixth sense? Mello stuttered in his response. "F-Flustered? No, no; I'm just, uh... Pumped! Yeah, that's it!" He looked the other way and scratched the back of his head. "'C-Cause I'm gonna beat Matt in that game and...yeah. I wasn't thinking of marriage of anything like that; what gave you that idea?" After a pause, he quickly excused himself and walked towards the stairs. "HEY MATT, YOU JERK! DON'T KEEP US WAITING! AND WHERE THE HECK'S RAYNE?!"

Fey walked over towards Near with a smile. "And just what are you chuckling about, mister~?'
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 pm

"Mello, you have an inside voice, use it please~" The brunette said as she rounded a corner, grey smudges on her hands and face.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 am

"No reason, really." Near explained. "Just that I wouldn't mind growing old like that."

"Ah there you are, Rayne." Aika said. "So busy you forgot the time? Could you do all of us a favor and drag Matt downstairs... he's glued to his game-controler once again."

((Fey, the flame of youth?? Thanks to you I am now picturing Aika's dad as some sort of modern version of Guy-sensei xD))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am

((I'M SORRY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON IN MY MIND. xD))

Mello could only glare at the brunette for a brief moment before she disappeared off to drag her boyfriend down here. Mello mumbled something about a "plan", but he quickly brushed the thought off and placed one leg over the other, extended his arms upon the back of the sofa. It was somewhat close to wrapping his arm around Sarah, so this would have to do, or else there would be some serious explaining to do.

Fey let out a little laugh and playfully pat his head. "Thinking that ahead in the future already makes you sound old~" Fey joked, sticking her tongue out to emphasize on it before she leaned against the back wall a and slid down, hugging her knees and tilting her head towards Near with a gentle smile. "I agree with you though; growing old in such an innocent way, choosing to accept the hardships throughout life, and to be able to smile like that." She lowered her eyes a bit as she began to visualize what it could possibly be like. "And to remain with the one you chose to be with for the rest of your life. I picture it as something like... When I grow old, I'll probably be out in the balcony sitting right next to my husband each and every day. And the presense'll just be more than enough, even if there are no words." She quickly snapped her head up and lightly blushed in embarassment. "Geez, sorry... I got all dramatic again."

Aika's mother was eyeing the contrast between Sarah and L, how proper she sat while he had his feet upon the chair. She barely ate anything, while he consumed more sweets than anyone thought possible. She put on a small smile and leaned in. "So Sarah, do you take on more towards your mother's side or your father's side? It looks to me like one of them had a major sweet tooth."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 am

Paige returned again with Matt in tow, her hand wrapped around the sleeve of his shirt in a very sister-tormenting-her-brother manner.

She answered Aika. "Yeah, I was doodling. Which explains why I'm a little grey."
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:26 pm

"The fact that you are so dramatic is what's going to make the play a succes." Near said seriously. "And it is what makes you... Well you."

"Aaahh w-well... I look a lot like m-my mother." Sarah explained, luckily that was the truth so there was no need to lie about that.
She turned her head in the direction of L for some help... If she had to make something up about him she would get so nervous that Aika's mother would notice immediately that she was telling a lie.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

Aika's mother raised an eyebrow. The contrast between the two was very interesting. "Well, it's usually normal for siblings to be somewhat alike, but the difference between you two is very interesting..." She smiled nonetheless. "It doesn't make either of you any less likeable; don't think of it that way Curiosity just loves to come into play."

"You're too nice." Fey stuck her tongue out and giggled, walking back to the very large chart once she realized everyone was there. "Good morning everyone~ I'm sorry for asking you to take time off your busy schedules to hear me out for a little while." She quickly glanced at Mello who glared back. "But I really wanted to share this with you. My school's hosting the culture festival, and well, since it'd kinda be the last one, I won hoping...everyone could come." She frowned over at Aika's parents. "I really would've pushed it much earlier for you guys... But pictures will do~!" He grabbed a long ruler and began to run it through the list. "Some of the classes actually have things that are perfect for us... Y-You know, since we're such good friends and all! Same interests, what not, ahehehe..."

((HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEAR, YOU SWEETHEART YOU~ <3 *tacklehug* I'm leaving in a bit to get ready for the con. 8D))
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:04 pm

"Especially that Boyfriend Dunk-A-Thon seems hilarious." Aika said laughing. "Maybe they'll make an exception for brother's too. And maybe you can join me to class 1-A, Ryuuzaki, it might be fun for you if you know how to make your own treats. Not that I mind making them for you..."

Matt started coughing as his coffee almost came out through his nose.
"No way... I'm not getting wet for anyone. Mello on the other hand... I'm sure he'll do anything if a certain girl asks really nicely. Batting her long eyelashes all innocently."
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Mello nearly choked on his own breath and shot Matt a very intense glare. "Shut. Up." He'd do all the activities to emphasize on the fact that he attended the school but it was really because of that wonderful smile on Sarah's face. Mello crossed his arms over his chest. "And what the heck are you grinning about? Want me to start?" He raised his eyebrow, ready to counter it, but that glare that Aika shot him caused him to grow quiet almost instantly.

Hiro let out a boisterous laugh. "Young love really is interesting."

Fey nodded. "I agree with you Aika-chan; I guess it's alright as long as you have a partner, right~? Brother or boyfriend~" She smiled. "I was actually suggesting that little dance competition for onii-chan and Sarah. Our parents always made us dance back when we were kids, but he never took interest in it. And since I'll be busy around, Sarah seems like the best partner. She's pretty good at it too~ And maybe...Near might be interested too?" Fey tilted her head at the white-haired male, and then nodded over to L. "You and Aika'll have fun at that treat-making event. You like sweets, she's amazing at making them. And it's fun!" Fey looked over at Rayne. "That haunted house cafe seems perfect for you and Matt--you guys have been playing all those scary games since you were kids, right? I heard they were giving a prize for the ones who were best dressed in a scary costume!"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:58 pm

"I-I really would like to dance... i-if they have the right music."
She wasn't sure if she would feel comfortable enough dancing when other people would judge her but she would feel safe if Mello was with her.

"I don't dance..." Near answered. "... my dance partner would have very sore toes by the end of the song."
He actually can dance... very good... he just refuses most of the time.
"And I bet Matt and Rayne can easily win the scariest costume thing... just keep the coffee away from them. They look scary as hell before they have consumed their caffeine."
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Mello shrugged casually, but he was busting walls in his mind out of happiness. Being close to Sarah while watching her move that wonderful body of hers and spending more time to bond with her would be awesome. Mello grinned. "Heh. We should bring some of that Romanian music then. Make them realize what true dancing really is."

Fey crossed her arms over her chest and playfully tilted her head with a grin. "Mo~des~ty~"
She smiled at his suggestion however. "Well, the concept of it is to be the scariest, so..." She winked.

Hiro raised an eyebrow at Mello. "You don't look like the type who dances." He laughed. "Just make sure you don't step on the poor girl's toes. You'll have to carry her all the way home as punishment."

Like he'd mind that.

Aika's mother smiled. "The play is the very last one, then?"

Fey nodded. "Yes indeed. They were nice enough to do so; it's going to be our last event, so it would be nice to make it memorable."
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 am

((Aaarrghhh... I'm having a writer's block for this topic D8 ))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm

((LOL, ME TOO. Wanna just start it to the day of the festival then~?))
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 pm

((yes please ^^"))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 pm

((Alright then, major time skip away~!))

One Week Later

The school was brimming with colorful decorations and big welcome signs near the entrance, helpful volunteer students assisting others to find where they needed to go. Fey held her costume in a bag she clutched against her chest, letting out a deep sigh in relaxation. All of the hard-work had finally paid off at school. She turned her head towards the group with a little self-made schedule. "Here you go~ Everything's pretty simple to find around, since the school isn't that big." She smiled. "It'll be nice, huh? Getting to hang out after such a long--"

"There you are, Fey!" The familiar voice of Lance called out, hand grabbing to clutch her wrist as he tugged her along. "Rehearsal starts in five minutes; we were waiting."

"A-Ah, sorry~" The girl waved her hand at them. "Bye guys! I'll see you later!"

Mello shoved his hands in his pockets and glared at the girls who whispered over in his direction, giggling that irritating giggle of theirs. He softly grabbed Sarah's hand and tugged her along. "Let's sign up for the competition; apparently, it fills up fast." He couldn't believe he was actually willing to dance in public.

The thought sounded amazing, since Sarah was involved.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:24 pm

"Y-yes..." She stammered.
Even though Mello was with her she still felt a bit uncomfortable in crowded areas.
"I-I wonder what music they'll be playing."

Aika turned to L smiling.
"So, ready to make your own treats?" She questioned.

Near turned to Paige and Matt with a smirk.
"So are you going to the boyfriend dunk-a-thon?"

Damn... Matt was hoping no-one would bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Mello smiled and squeezed the girl's hand in reassurance as he took his place in the fairly short line, glad they were there earlier. "Don't worry about it; Fey already asked if requests were alright, and they gave her the okay." He held up the CD. "I was going to surprise you with it, but I guess I couldn't hold it in. Those guys at the park seem to always be there; they said this music would be perfect for a 'couple'." He figured that their translation meant it was romantic. He smiled. "We'll show these guys what we're made of, right?"

From a distance, Mello grinned evilly at the look on Matt's face. "HAH. It's what you get for before."

Meanwhile, at the stage...

Fey adjusted the various pieces to her outfit as they practiced various major scenes, a little half-hearted for the one they were about to do. Lance noticed the frown upon her face. He sighed. "It's not like it'll be considered a real first kiss; besides, we're just friends. And you want the play to be more realistic, right?"

Fey let out a sigh and put on a smile. "I-I'm not worried, really! After all, I've already had my first kiss; actually, two kisses on the same day." She was completely oblivious to what a true kiss was and thought the contact of Near's lips on her forehead and hand were considered one. She grinned. "I'll be fine~ Heck, we should really be worrying about our lines at this point." She pointed to the script.

((What the costume kinda looks like: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=Anime+girl+warrior&offset=72#/d3ce6ku ))
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm

A smirk lifted the corners of her lips, she never having forgotten about the dunk tank. "Oh yes, most definitely."

The girl would not miss an opportunity to dunk Matt into freezing col water.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 am

Sarah let out a sigh of relief. She could dance to Romanian music just fine... she could dream the steps of about all the dances. However the standard ballroom dances like the waltz or the foxtrot were unfamiliar to her.
"There's just one problem... I'm not wearing the correct outfit for dancing... I forgot." She said as she pointed to her clothing. She wasn't even wearing a long skirt and that was essential for Romanian dancing otherwise the effect would be gone.

Matt attempted to make a run for it but it was a typical scene you could see in one of the many Japanese anime. Before he could get away Paige had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and dragged him through the hallway of the school... to the dunk-a-thon they went.

Near wandered through the hallway aimlessly.
Taking a look here and there.
The only thing he was actually interested in was Fey's play.
Before he knew it he found himself in front of the closed doors where the play would be held.
Just a peek would be okay, right?
And so he opened one door just slightly and peeked through.

((pfft I don't think there is such a thing as a romantic gypsy song :S ...I looked forever but even the slower songs are often group dances and there's always little to none physical contact. Probably cause these dances never changed and are probably a hundred years old.
Anyway, I think I found something that could sorta be used (and it doesn't require a lot of crazy dance moves for Mello... I just don't see him kick his leg up extremely high like the Russians do or slapping himself like the Austrians do) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjbWub5B5Ug&feature=related ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Culture Festival~!   The Culture Festival~! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Culture Festival~!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LMA :: Downtown Tokyo :: Everywhere Else-
Jump to: