LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise Birthday Party~

Go down 
+3
Sarah Lumina
Minoushje
Fey | May
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

Surprise Birthday Party~ Empty
PostSubject: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Fey was finishing up her homework in the living room when everyone had decided to head to their rooms due to how late it was becoming. She grabbed all of her pens and stuffed them into her little panda pencil case, stacking up the books as her eyes landed on her unfinished list, the one she'd attempted to get all filled up.

Near's Surprise Birthday Party Checklist
Cake (dinosaur shaped)
10000 Puzzle Piece Set
Party Hats
Banner

???

She tiptoed up the stairs as she balanced all the things she held in her hands, being even slower as the rooms came into view. At the sight of light coming through the crack of the door to her (and temporarily Mino's) room, she felt a little relieved that the purple-haired female was awake. She peeked her head through the door and made sure to keep her voice low. "Mino-chan, can I...can I ask you for help on something?"

Last edited by Fey | May on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Aika looked up from the book she was reading.
"Sure, what can I do for you?"

((seriously... only a 1000 pieces?? He'll have that finished in no time... Razz))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

((Bwahaha, I know~ At first I was planning on making it 10,000; should I change it to that? xD))

Fey entered the room and quietly shut the door, smiling and placing her books back as she fiddled with her fingers. "I know Mino-chan's always busy, and I always bother you with all these requests and stuff, but uhm..." She grabbed the sheet of paper and stuck her tongue out childishly. "I'm not very good when it comes to party planning, but I really want to make it a special birthday for Na--Near. I was thinking about how creative you are with everything, so uh..."
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

"Uhh depending on which way you are looking at it but Rayne is the creative one. The proof can be seen in L's office." Aika said, talking about the painting L had gotten for his 30th birthday. "But I am more than willing to help you with the birthday cake."

((yeah you should do that!! Like some sort of specially made puzzle cause they don't make one with so many pieces or something Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:30 pm

((Oh my goodness, that's perfect! SEE WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAID YOU HAD A CREATIVE MIND~?! <3 I had an idea~! Would it be a little creepy if the puzzle made up the photo that they took together during the play~?))

Fey nodded in agreement, well aware of Rayne's artistic talent. "You'd make the cake~? I can't think of anyone else that's better than you are~" She smiled sweetly in appreciation. "I'll have to ask Rayne for help once she wakes up. I really hate bothering others..." The girl mumbled. "Now, what I do need the most help on is making sure it really is a surprise. Like, like, he'd never ever expect it. I was thinking about making him solve riddles that will lead him to the room where we'll set everything up, but solving riddles to him are as easy as the alphabet."
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 pm

"We are talking about Near, sweetie." Aika said. "I'm afraid it's just as impossible to keep a secret for him as it is to keep one for L. Most likely he'll figure everything out within no time but he'll just act surprised when the moment is there. We can still do our best though. How about you ask L for help with the riddles... it takes his mind off the Kira case and he's smarter than the both of us combined."

((that would be creepy... though Fey did say she would heal his heart one piece at the time... or something like that so I suppose it would fit their situation.))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm

((Yeah, I figured it would be. o.O But I like the idea of her "piecing back his heart" together. I was thinking a picture of all of us as a family, but that sounds weird too... Maybe we'll think of something better as the time passes by, right~?))

Fey placed a finger on her chin and grinned. "That would be a good idea. But I was thinking... How about you and L discuss this~?" By discuss, she meant have a reason to visit his room more often without Aika's mother getting suspicious of anything. She grinned and winked. "I mean, he needs a break, and you need a break, so...~" She knew she didn't have to continue on for Mino to get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 am

"Just what are you suggesting?" Aika asked pretending to be offended by Fey's suggestion though she could not help laughing when she noticed that the younger girl turned beet red. "It's just been a couple of days... and my parents are gone after tomorrow. I think we can manage to be apart for one more day."
She figured it would be best not to tell anything, to anyone, about yesterday when she visited L as he was 'at work'.
"I'll start working on designing a cake tomorrow morning and I'll ask for L's help with the riddles in the afternoon when I'm sure he's fully awake. How about you ask Rayne to help you create a banner and maybe some other decorations?"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

Fey flailed her arms and shook her head. "N-N-No, no no! I-I didn't mean it... Like, like that! It's just, uh, that I, uh..." She was lost for words, turning beet red and plopping down on the mattress as she leaned forward slightly. "I always thought it'd be hard for those in love to keep away from one another for so long; I may not know about love, but I have a feeling I'd probably get all sad after a day." She smiled. "Your relationship is really something though; the sacrifices you two make for one another... Ah, it's beautiful~"

Fey nodded with the plan, clasping her hands and bowing her head lightly to show her deep gratitude for her older sister. "Thank you very much in advance~ I have no doubts about anything since you all are involved. I'll have to head out to some stores tomorrow to get a custom-made puzzle set designed." She grinned. "I'll ask Rayne first thing in the morning--well, after her coffee, of course~" Fey giggled, sliding under her covers and stretching her arms up. "For now, sleep is what I need~ You can leave the light on, Mino-chan~"

((Shall we continue this topic when the birthday approaches closer, or did you have something else in mind~? ;DD))
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am

"No, I'm going to sleep too... I finished the chapter anyway." Aika said after which she turned the light off. "Good night, Fey."

((uhh fine by me... but you can start it now if you like... seeing as the three day visit from Aika's parents started eleven days ago for us so it doesn't really matter if Near's birthday topic starts two days earlier))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:54 pm

"Goodnight, Mino-chan~"

((Alrighty then~ I'll start it now~ ^^))

Two Days Later

Fey wore her colorful work outfit, pretending like she was heading out for another busy day, when it was all really just a way to get out of the house and get everything in order. There were a few last minute things she had to do, and with Near in the house, it would be pretty hard to hide--considering how he could pick up on the slightest odd behavior. The girl sighed. She felt like a complete jerk having to pretend to have forgotten Near's birthday. If she could slip by and out the house without encountering him, it would be better than just greeting him with a "hello" and walking by.

Fey quickly titpoed down the stairs and headed into the kitchen, more than happy that Aika was there, carefully focusing on the details of the cake. Knowing how smart Aika was, she'd easily come up with a good cover-up if Near grew curious--but it would be unlikely. Fey grinned and peeked her head from the wall. "I love you so much, Mino-chan~ <3"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 am

Aika laughed and continued with her cake.

"Is it difficult to make something like that?" Sarah asked.
Aika had asked her to keep her company in the kitchen for one reason... to alert her when someone was approaching. Aika had just explained honestly that when she was baking she was in her own little world and would not always notice when someone was coming in the kitchen... normally that would not matter but not when she was working on a surprise birthday cake.
That, and Sarah basically had the best hearing of everyone.

"No not really... practice makes perfect I guess." Aika said as she was rolling out a large piece of blue fondant. "It's much like any other creative talent... you need to have feeling for it. You could compare this to claying, if you like."
She placed a small ball of white fondant in Sarah's hand.
"Do you know how a dice looks like... or well, feels like."
When Sarah nodded her head Aika said: "Try and make it."

At first they would make a dinosaur cake but, one day, as Aika was working on the design in her head while collecting the laundry she walked in Near's room. The things she saw most were robots, dice and playing cards (which had been a pyramid but it had collapsed when Aika had opened the door). And thus a new idea had started forming in her head.
Basically the base of the cake was bright blue... on top of it there were two robots sitting, back to back. There was a pyramid of edible playing cards (though she glued them together with sugar paste to make sure it stayed a pyramid) and a structure of stacked dice. Around the edge of the base there was written: Happy 21st birthday, Near!!
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am

Fey smiled and crossed her arms over her chest. "When it comes to the best advice, always come to Aika; she was born with it naturally, after all~ And by the way, I love that idea of dice! I don't know why I suggested a dinosaur cake in the first place..." She mumbled, digging her hand in her pocket to pull out a small checklist she was sure to have filled out before coming home. "Anywho, Sarah-chan, Aika-chan, I really do appreciate the hard-work. I owe you two one~" Fey bowed lightly before pivoting on her heel and holding up a hand in farewell. "Alright then, I'm off--"

At that moment, Mello had entered into the kitchen, scratching the back of his head and raising an eyebrow like something was on his mind. He smiled at Sarah's presence and stood right beside her, nodding at Aika in greeting as he leaned upon the kitchen counter. "You're working today? Isn't today's Near's birth--" He was immediately silenced by how tense all their faces became in addition to how intimidated he strangely began feeling. Mello shook his head slowly and then sighed. "Let me guess: a surprise party that actually is surprising, right?"

Fey nodded.

Mello sighed. "Geez, why do things always have to be difficult..." He mumbled, eyeing how Aika worked around the cake. "Leave it to me to distract him in some way if he comes at a time it's impossible to hide things." This was rare for him to actually agree to be a part of something; normally, he'd throw a fuss and point out every negative thing possible. But he was probably willing to do this since Sarah was involved.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 am

"If you want to help with that..." Sarah said softly. "...you can do that now. T-There's someone coming down the stairs. I-I think it's Near."

Aika looked at Sarah and stopped with what she was doing. She grabbed the cake and switched it with different cake that was hidden in the cold oven... simply because that was a place Near wouldn't open.
That's the thing when you are in a relationship with someone who adores anything sweet. You always have an excuse as to why you are making a cake with fondant or other 'special' things.

Near walked down the stairs, yawning.
He had no idea why he was up so early.
One would think you are too old for birthday nerves when you turn 21...
He wanted to walk in the kitchen but was surprised when entry was denied... by Mello??
"Uhh... what are you doing?" Near questioned the blonde.
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:34 am

It was pretty hard for him to pretend like today wasn't special for Near. You'd think it'd be easy, but for someone who was pretty sensitive on the inside, a birthday greeting was necessary to share. Mello pressed his lips together and shrugged. "Can't a guy just stretch his arm wherever he wants to?" The blonde retorted, glancing back slightly to notice that the coast was clear before returning his arm and shoving it back in his pocket. "You know what? I think there's other better place to stretch. Geez, why do you have to be so stingy?"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Meanwhile, on the busy streets of town

"Alright...alright. I've got the puzzle. Check. Candles. Check. Balloons. Check. Sticky notes. Check." May had to stop at the alley for a while to rest, placing the many bags she held down as she let out a sigh. She was stressing out way too much about this, probably because she wanted things to go perfectly. Near was family, and if the others were working this hard, then she had to too.
She looked at the time; it was probably best for her to head back. So as she drove quietly into the driveway, she made sure she walked as quickly as possible, carrying all the bags down to the basement to set up out in the garden soon. She checked her time again; time was passing by pretty quickly. She paced back and forth, tapping her finger on her chin as she made her way upstairs and headed off to her bedroom, choosing to lay out some clothes for later.

((I edited this just so we could pick up the pace. xD))

Last edited by Fey | May on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:32 pm

"What got his knickers in a twist?" Near asked as he walked in the kitchen.

"I have no idea." Aika said smiling. "I guess he's just being Mello."

"And I suppose it has nothing to do with this whole surprise pa...."
Near looked at Aika with raised eyebrows as she slapped her hand in front of his mouth.

"Quiet you!!" She scolded softly. "You know nothing of a surprise party, you hear me."
She removed her hand.
"Fey has been working so hard to keep it hidden, please just go along with it."

Near's expression softened.
To think that Fey would organize a surprise party for him
"Okay... I'll just go and practice my surprised look... or something." Near said as he left the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Once Fey had picked out her clothing, she decided to head down to the kitchen and ask Aika for help setting up, but the minute she peeked her head from the all, the familiar sight of white hair had caused her to gasp and run back up the stairs. 'Damnit! How am I going to keep this all a secret now?' She knew she had to get Near away from that sight for a while, just long enough for them to set up. She could only manage to head into Mello's room--where Sarah also happened to be, luckily. A nervous smile made its way to Fey's lips as she scratched the back of her head.

"Can I ask you two for a little favor~?" She inquired. Mello raised his eyebrows.

"Depends on what it is."

"Well, Mello, I was hoping if you could distract Near for a while. Just to get him away from the kitchen or anywhere near the garden area." She suggested, handing him over the riddles on the sticky notes that L had made. She'd have to thank him later with a big box of donuts. "Hey! Maybe...maybe you could pretend like you have trouble with your bike and that no one else was available to help you fix it. Your bike's parked outside the gates, isn't it?" She raised an eyebrow with a smile.

Mello let out an aggravated sigh. "Fine, fine... Only because I know you won't stop crying for days if this doesn't work out. And, well, you're working on it so hard and...." The rest of it came out as a mumble. He eyed Sarah with a light smile; she'd really changed him for the better. "But be sure to keep her safe, you hear me?" And with that, he headed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Sarah, mind helping me carry some of the decorations outside? I'll keep you really safe, I promise! Rayne-nee-san's done with her decorations too, so we'll be done in no time." Fey clasped her hands in front of her. "I feel like time's against me."

Mello scratched the back of his head and approached Near, his stubborn nature evident in his expression. "Oy, Near, wanna help me out?"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 pm

"S-sure." Sarah said as she carefully followed Fey outside. "Is there anything else I can do to help?"

Near raised his eyebrows.
"How can I help?"
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Mello motioned for the white-haired male to follow him, mentally grumbling for asking for his help. He had to this, just this once; besides, how could he say no when Sarah was around? He couldn't lose her now; the last thing he wanted was for her to think he was a complete jerk. "My bike, uh... It makes like weird noises." He scratched the back of his head. "You think you can help me find the problem? I can't find Matt anywhere, and no one else was around, so..." He grumbled.

Fey smiled at Sarah. "Wanna get ready together? I don't know why...but I feel like dressing up." She scratched the back of her head. "Besides, you have amazing taste, and well...I was hoping for some advice too." Fey made sure to work quickly, setting up the table and hanging the decorations Rayne had made. It looked amazing; Rayne was great with hand-made designs. Fey could only grin at how wonderful everything would be put in place when Aika made the cake. She was so lost in thought while blowing the balloons that she hadn't realized how she kept blowing into one. Even Sarah's warning was deaf to her ears.

She only realized that it was time to stop when it blew up right in her face. "O-Ow!"
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm

"Take it to a repair shop or something..." Near said. "I know a lot of things but if it has a motor in it I don't know what to do with it."
That was very much true, so far he doesn't even have his driver's license.
"I've got better things to do... don't worry though, I'll stay away from the kitchen or the back yard." He said, smiling at Mello's expression.

Sarah laughed softly when the balloon popped.
"I tried to warn you..." She said softly. "As for your clothing... I-I'm not sure I'll be of much help but I'll try."
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Mello pressed his lips together and just stood there blinking. And then he abruptly looked away. "What if it stops on the way, huh?" And then he gulped. "And I have no idea what you're talking about. Geez."

Fey scratched the back of her head. "But you managed to make Mello speechless; besides, you're naturally beautiful! You can wear a chicken suit and still look breathtakingly gorgeous!" Fey led Sarah up the stairs and began taking out all necessary materials.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm

"Then you'll have to walk." Near noted dryly. "It'll be good for you, you're getting a bit chubby."
He pat himself on his stomach to indicate what he meant.
"That's what you get with all that chocolate. It's a good thing Sarah can't see that." He ducked grinning when Mello tossed his keys at Near's head.

Sarah's eyes widened.
"There are actually people who walk around dressed like a chicken?" She asked shocked. "Why would they do that?"
When they reached Fey's room she turned to Fey.
"Where's your closet? A-and do you want to wear a dress or s-something more casual?"
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Mello glared at Near and grumbled underneath his breath. "Heh. At least I'm healthy looking. And hey, she's my girlfriend. Beat that, y'jerk." He smirked, shrugging at the bike and sighing in aggravation. "Just keep your mouth shut and act surprised. You have no idea how she's like once she starts crying. It's a friggin' river." He knew that these empty threats were completely useless.

Fey shyly shuffled her feet and rummaged through her closet, contemplating on whether or not to wear that one dress she'd bought just for today. "W-Well, there's this one dress I found at a store today. It this white and black one with this nice diamond design around the collar, and it reaches a little past my knees, a-and I thought it'd go well with the cake." She lowered her head. "But I feel like dresses don't suit me. I never got to wear them much when I was younger either, and well...I don't know how to pull it off." Fey lifted an eyebrow. "How about you wear a dress~? They look beautiful on you." Fey took the dress out regardless, placing it on her bed.

Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 pm

"I have no intention of making her cry..." Near said just before he walked back inside.

"I only have one dress I could wear to a party. The one I wore to the restaurant." Sarah said as she walked to Fey's closet.
By now she had learned which fabric would be right for certain types of parties. Satin or something with lace would be to formal for a birthday party, unless it's just as accessory... something made of cotton would be good. But most of the things she felt were made of that. Next thing she realized was that the dress needed to have some sleeves because it wasn't all that warm today.
Eventually she picked out three dresses, since she did not know the colors or patterns on the dress. One had butterfly sleeves, one had short sleeves but it felt like they were made of lace (the rest of the dress felt smooth) and the third one had three-quarter sleeves and a v-neck.
"How about one of these?" Sarah asked hesitantly.

((I just made up some random models... ^^"))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Birthday Party~
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next