LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise Birthday Party~

Go down 
+3
Sarah Lumina
Minoushje
Fey | May
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Mello grumbled and pulled out a stick note from his pocket. "Then just follow these to the surprise. Try and make it seem a little challenging for yourself." And with that he proceeded to walk away, but he turned around briefly. "And you didn't hear about the party from me, you got it?"

The first riddle seemed a little easy, and it read: "I always get filled, but am never full when I'm opened. It'll be impossible to find what you crave in this, considering one specific person who lives in this house. Find the next clue when you find me~" ((It's supposed to be the cookie jar; I'm not good with these riddles... xD))

"You could always borrow one of mine if you wanted~" The girl offered. "Though, you looked really pretty in that dress you wore before~"
Fey gaped at the three dresses before breaking into a large smile. "I'd combine them into one big dress if I had to." She tilted her head. "You can pick it out; I completely trust you with that decision."

((Wait, wait, who's Sarah picking a dress out for~? Herself or Fey~?))
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm

((Actually for Fey... but it could be for both... like that Fey suggests that Sarah should wear one of the other two??" *just an idea*))

Aika had just placed the cake on the table outside and was now walking back inside the kitchen to clean up the mess when Near came walking in.
"Ah I see you received the first post-it." She said smiling. "Good luck."

"Thanks." Near said as he walked to the cookie jar.
He calmly ate a cookie first, it was a wonder there was actually one left, before he grabbed the second note to see what was written on it:
I have a big mouth and I am also quite loud! I am NOT a gossip but I do get involved with everyone's dirty business. Can you name me?
Near looked at the note for a moment, calmly reading it.
"Say, where do we keep the vacuum cleaner?" He asked Aika.

"A vacuum cleaner, I did not know we own a thing like that."

"Funny."
And with that he walked away in an attempt to find the crazy thing.

"I-I think this one would look nice on you." Sarah said as she held up the one with the butterfly sleeves.

((could be something like this model: http://www.storenvy.com/products/272939-new-white-chiffon-floral-flower-pattern-dress-ruffles-butterfly-sleeves-cute))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

((Yep, perfect! I was thinking of that too! ^^))

Fey smiled and clasped her hands in front of her. "I love it already!" She giggled. "I really am lucky to have asked you for advice. You're as talented as you are sweet!" Fey tilted her head and walked over to Sarah's side. "Say, why don't you wear one of these dresses too? There's one with a rose pattern too! And it's a soft color; it'll totally fit you." She winked. "Mello'll go crazy~"

The vacuum lay at the corner of a wall by the living room, probably having been used earlier. A post-it-note hung at the corner:
I don't know why people think I'm scary; they run away because I'm too "dark" or "dusty". But I hold lots of fun and old memories! I help make space in your rooms! Where am I located~?
((ATTIC. 8D))
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 pm

The first room Near walked to was the basement, since that was the place that was used as a storage room here but when he thought about it for a moment longer he figured that in normal houses the attic was used to store unused items and old photo-albums and thus he walked the two stairs up.
There, stuck to an old photo that hung on the wall he found the next riddle:
At the sound of me, men may dream, Or stamp their feet. At the sound of me, women may laugh, Or sometimes weep.
((music =) ))
'The piano?' He thought, but he figured that would be too close to the previous riddle. Maybe downstairs? In the library there stood a small box/miniature suitcase with old LP's which had belonged to Ani's grandfather.
Well, one thing was for sure, this was a very effective work-out.

"C-can I really?" Sarah asked. "Than I really would like to wear this one."
It was the one with the lace sleeves and apparently a rose pattern, though Sarah could not see that. The fabric just felt nice and that was what matters most to her.
It's strange though, before she would not be very interested in wearing dresses... but ever since Mello's first reaction she just wanted to wear them more often to make him happy.

((dress, something like this, though this one does not have any lace... all the pics I saw of dress with lace all seemed a bit ordinary/cheap and that doesn't fit Sarah: http://p.lefux.com/61/20110722/A2413000FW/cheongsam-dress-rose-womens-3236033-Gallay.jpg))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm

((Oooh, nice one~! ;D Um, what are LP's...? -totallyclueless- And the dressis stunning~! We could just pretend there was some lace around it, wherever you find it nice~ =) ))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm

((NEVERMIND. I FOUND OUT WHAT THEY WERE~ xD!!))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Indeed, there was a sticky-note posted upon it: Almost there! I'm very helpful, fun too! Say the word, and I'll find it for you! But be warned; stare at me for too long and your eyes will grow sore, though it's hard to stay away from someone as fun as I am. What am I? ((L's computer~))

"Of course you can! We're just like sisters; whatever's mine is yours." She giggled at Sarah's expression. "That'd look beautiful on you; the fabric's nice and soft, and you'll be really comfortable in it." Fey couldn't help but smile; Sarah was just too adorable. She was glad there was someone as kind-hearted and sweet as her in the household. Mello was one lucky man. Fey stood up and held the suggested dress in her arms. "How about we start getting ready~? I'm gonna go tell Mino-chan too." Fey put a finger on her chin. "Near's probably searching for the clues right about now, so we have to be careful."

"Darn right you do." Mello's voice cut in as he entered the room. He tilted his head towards Sarah with a smile. "You're gonna wear that?"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 am

Aika passed by Fey's room.
"It looks absolutely beautiful outside, Fey." She complimented. "Near will love it."
She noticed that both Fey and Sarah were holding a dress.
"You two will both look adorable in those dresses."

Sarah nodded her head to Mello's question.
"F-Fey said I could borrow it." She said as she turned to Mello hesitantly.
She held the dress in front of her body.
"D-Do you like it??"

Again Near walked up the two stairs, but when he got there the door was locked.
It was somewhat strange, because Aika's parents had already left so there was no reason to keep it locked anymore.
And so he had to find L first... as to be expected he was in the kitchen.
He went back upstairs, unlocked the door and noticed the post-it on the computer screen.
The sun bakes them, the hand breaks them, the foot treads on them, and the mouth tastes them. What are they?
((grapes))
He stared at the note for a moment. He knew the answer but he didn't want to go to quick from one room to the other. After a few minutes had past he walked downstairs, again... since the fruit bowl is in the living room.

((the fore-last riddle should lead to the kitchen door... I have a great riddle/puzzle that can only be used as the final one))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

((Awesome~! I'll lead him to the kitchen then~ ;D))

Fey lightly blushed at Aika's compliment and swished the dress from side to side, mumbling words under her breath as she approached the door. "It was all thanks to everyone else, too; seriously, I'd be dead without you guys." She tilted her head. "You're getting ready too now, ne~? I should go tell Rayne-nee-san and Matt too. It's almost time~!" She grinned and winked at the older female. "Ne, maybe you can convince L-san to wear a suit again~" And with that, she grabbed all the needed materials and headed straight to the bathroom. She needed to hurry up and get ready, since she actually needed to be there for the surprise. She decided to part half of her hair up and leave the rest down. She'd never worn make-up other than for undercover missions, so she decided to just settle for a light colored lip gloss and a little foundation. She was out of there pretty soon, tugging at the hem of the dress; this dress was so...cute! But why did she feel strangely flustered to be seen in it?

Mello had already gotten dressed; he usually never spent much time getting ready. Mello smiled and walked over to the girl, crossing his arms over his chest and letting out a light chuckle. "You shouldn't even ask that when the answer is obvious." He lowered his head. "You look great in anything you wear; heck, you'll be beyond beautiful when you wear that dress. It'll suit you. And I...got you something that'll match with it." He pulled out the little locket from his pockets and walked over to Sarah, extended his arms over and around her neck to securely put it on. "This is...um, to show you that you're a special person to me." He blushed an pivoted on his heel after he realized how prolonged his gaze had gotten. "I-I shouldn't keep you waiting. I'll see you at the party, of course. You need to get ready."

And, indeed, the little sticky note stood out, being tucked in between the light crease of the grapes. The note read: (Aren't you a sharp one?) I do not open and close like the usual ones; I slide back and forth. Every time I open, aromas escape into the air. With this person in there, it is like a gateway to heaven. Where am I? ((The kitchen door...because I couldn't come up with a creative one. xD))
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Sarah carefully touched the necklace Mello had just given her.
Before he could walk away she somehow managed to grab his hand.
"You are very special to me too." She said. "Thank you for this beautiful gift."
She hesitantly kissed him, still not used to showing affection so openly.
"I-I should get ready now." She said, blushing lightly as she walked towards her own room.
When she was done she walked out of her room, ready to go downstairs.

Aika was already in L's room, trying to convince L to wear a suit again but it seemed that this time she was unable to convince him, no matter what she tried.
However, eventually she did convince him to at least not wear his usual jeans. And so he was wearing black dress pants and a blouse, but no tie.
Now she had to pick out an outfit for herself. Eventually she decided to wear a simple purple halter dress.

Near smirked it seemed he was almost at the end of the little riddle expedition.
He walked down to the kitchen, it was almost a miracle he didn't pass anyone on the way.
Of course he could not know that everyone already had gathered in the backyard.
Before he reached the kitchen door, which was the only sliding door in the house he noticed the larger colored paper stuck to the wall next to the door.
A pen was actually taped next to it.
He looked at the last riddle, which was more of a puzzle, and he smiled. He didn't need a pen to solve this, he could do it by head.

Step 1. Write down "PRAWNCOCKTAILS" (no spaces).

Step 2. Take the previous phrase and replace all vowels with E's.

Step 3. Change the word "eels" to "one".

Step 4. Replace the first two E's with U's.

Step 5. Change the T to a D.

Step 6. Remove all C's and the second U.

Step 7. Change the fifth letter of the phrase to the eighteenth letter of the alphabet.

Step 8. Change the PR to a YO.

Step 9. Change the K to an E.

Step 10. Change the W to an A.

Step 11. Put spaces between the words.

((Aika's dress 8D ... http://www.hibridal.com/415-1650-thickbox/dark-purple-short-halter-open-back-bridesmaid-dress.jpg))

Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Mello could have sworn his body literally froze at that moment, like a giant gust of icy wind had cast over and made his muscles tense. Even when the kiss was so warm, so nice... He couldn't help but grin. He was looking forward to getting used to that, and with that, he headed down and outside to the garden where everyone else had gathered.

Meanwhile, Fey was rushing over everywhere, making sure the balloons were in place by the sliding door, which she'd covered with paper to prevent anyone from seeing through the glass doors. She was pacing back and forth, both nervous and excited. She made sure her voice was low as she walked over to the little group that had gathered. "Alright, alright... So the minute he goes past the sliding doors, this little thing will light up." She held up a small device. "Mino-chan, Mello, you two stand by the door and hold the balloons in your hand. Sarah and I will take care of the party confetti poppers. I'll whisper when to do so in your ear, Sarah." She lowered her voice even further. "L-san, Matt, and Rayne, hide underneath the table with the banner. As soon as he opens that door, we'll all shout out 'surprise'. D-Does that sound good?"

"YOU ARE DONE"
One final sticky-note remained at the backside of the kitchen door, but there were no more riddles. It was more of a direction. "Keep going; you're very warm. But something warmer lurks behind those doors~"

((THAT PUZZLE WAS SO MUCH FUN. Ahaha, I actually got paper and pen to figure it out~! I can't do it in my head... xD))
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

"Okay." Aika said as she took her place next to the door.
She really had to compliment the younger girl, everything was arranged perfectly even the smallest detail.

Matt hid under the table which was a bit of a tight fit with three adults.
Luckily they didn't have to stay underneath for very long.

Sarah nodded and stood next to Fey waiting for her cue.

Near blinked a few times after which a little smile appeared on his lips.
Well, that was fun.
He opened the sliding doors and stepped outside.

((neither could I... but I figured Near would be able to do so cause he's a genius xD))
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Fey was grinning like an idiot, finding her legs lightly shaking in anticipation. At the sight of the flickering light, she showed everyone around and began counting down from ten towards Sarah. Five more seconds until he opened the door. The girl had to bite her lip just to get herself to relax. At the sound of footsteps stopping, Fey leaned in towards Sarah. "Now."

As the door opened, Mello immediately let go of the balloons the same time as Aika did, which was when Fey and Sarah released the party poppers towards the direction of the door, and when the three underneath popped out (in a rather stumbled manner) and flashed the banner.

"SURPRISE~!"
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Paige popped out from under the table when Near stepped outside. She grinned. "SURPRISE~"
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:11 pm

"Wha...!!"
Near eyes widened.
Actually he was startled because of the party poppers which came in handy cause now he did not have to fake his surprise.
"What are you guys doing?" He asked, actually looking at them like they were a bunch of idiots... though a bunch of idiots he cared about and he was grateful that they remembered his birthday.

Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Fey grinned, placing her hands on her hips and smiling in triumphant as she held up the party poppers and shook them. "What does it look like we're doing? Surprising you, silly!" The girl explained, grabbing the little king hat she'd made last minute and placing it upon the white-haired male's head. "You think we'd ever forget about your birthday, or anyone's in this household?" Happy 21'st, Near~"

Mello smirked and walked over to Sarah. He placed a hand on her shoulder and let out a small chuckle. "Success."
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:58 am

Matt leaned towards Paige.
"If you're going to make me wear a hat like that at my birthday I'm going to run away screaming." He whispered softly.

"Thanks... of course I think you are all absolutely insane... but thanks anyway."
He looked at Fey smiling.
"Everything looks amazing."and that includes you...
He surprised himself with that thought.

Aika walked towards L.
"That's a look I recognize..." She said softly, though loud enough so Paige could hear it too. "It's been a while since I last saw that on Near's face."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 am

The brunette grinned at Matt, slinging her arms around his neck. "Good to know; wouldn't want you running out on me."

She smiled softly at Aika's statement, happy that Near was slowly regaining that happiness from when Ani was around.

L smiled as well; Near was his friend and the older male wanted to see his friend happy.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Fey stuck her tongue out childishly and circled one foot with her ankle. "You don't have to wear that hat by the way; I kinda got caught up writing a long birthday letter and totally forgot to make something more...oomf." She took a hold of Near's hand and led him towards one of the chair with a party hat hanging by its side, to indicate it was specifically reserved for the birthday boy. She handed Mello the camera and smiled. "Wanna be in charge of the camera~? Or will I be expecting more pictures of you and--"

"I'll take care of the damn pictures." The blonde immediately cut in with a heavy blush as he turned on the music as instructed. As Fey left to get rid of the plastic on the food, he took this chance to walk over to Sarah. He gulped. "H-Hey, wanna take a picture together? I mean... You don't have to. But I can guarantee that, even if you can't see it, you'll love it just as much as I will."

"Let's get this party started then~!" Fey chirped, but her voice grew low when a light rumble sounded. She exploded into various shades of red. "A-After we eat, of course, ahehe~"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

"I would really like that." Sarah said smiling.
She could keep it with the picture of her mother.

Near started laughing.
"The biggest piece of cake is for Fey." He said grinning.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Mello smiled and pulled her close, hesitantly swinging an arm around her as he extended to camera further out and brought Sarah closer to his side. The scent she wore made him go into a little trance; it was almost hypnotizing. She had a way of making him feel like wanting to be so much more, and he didn't mind it one bit. He smiled. "Smile that beautiful smile of yours." And with that, he took a picture, sealing a picture perfect memory. He blushed. "O-Of course this won't be the only one! W-We'll have a lot of more pictures--sorry, did that sound weird?"

Fey pouted and puffed her cheeks, clenching her fists and lifting her shoulder's slightly. "H-Hey, after I was so nice to you too!" She mumbled, placing the candle around the beautiful cake. She smiled over at Mino. "Thanks to the wonderful Mino-chan, you've got one heck of a cake to remember. L-san, you're so lucky~" Fey proceeded to place the "2" and "1" candle, putting on a triumphant smile as she stepped back. She waved her hands towards her. "Let's take a picture~!"
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Sarah shook her head.
"Photo's can be very precious memories."

"Hey, it's not my fault your stomach was roaring so loudly." Near said grinning.

Matt turned towards Mello.
"Yo Mello!!" He shouted. "Stop acting so lovey-dovey and do your job, mr. photographer."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

"I certainly am, Fey." L smiled. He was definitely lucky to have someone like Aika.

Paige smiled. Fey had worked really hard on planning everything for the party and the brunette was glad that it all worked out.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:28 pm

"I...! Well, it's not my fault that...! I just--ugh, forget it." She grinned widely and patted his head. "Hope you love birthday songs, 'cause we've got one planned in English, one planned in French, and the other in Romanian." She smirked, feeling a little evil. Fey turned to Sarah with a smile. "You'll lead us on that, right~? You're the best at it, even after all the trouble you went through to teach it to us."

Mello blushed heavily and glared at his friend. "S-Shut up! Look who's talking! Why is that hand on Rayne's back getting so low, huh?" He smirked evilly, placing his arm around Sarah's shoulder as he led her to where the rest of them gathered. When he noticed them just standing there casually with smiles, the blonde let out a sigh. "Oy, get close. You all look like you were forced to take this picture." He set the camera on the stand and set the timer, walking over to Sarah and wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. He smirked over at Matt. "I'm a little hesitant to tell you to get any closer, though."

Fey groaned. "Geez, Mello, huuuurrryyy~ Aika's cake is calling to me---erm, us." Upon Mello's request, Fey placed both her hands upon Near's shoulders and leaned closer towards him with a smile directed towards the camera.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:34 am

Matt grinned evilly. Since he was standing slightly behind Mello he could easily make bunny ears without the blonde noticing.
It would be an awesome picture.

Once the photo was taken Aika clapped her hands.
"As Fey already said, we are going to sing for you... and while we do you can blow out the candles." She said as she lit the candles.

"You'd almost think I'm celebrating my 12th birthday instead of my 21st." Near said.

"Oh just let us have our moment of fun." Aika said smiling. "Alright, Sarah, shall we start with the Romanian version?"

Sarah nodded her head, took a deep breath and started singing.
"♪ Multi ani traiasca... ♪♫"
The song didn't go perfect but then again they had practiced it just twice or so.

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3tPW0y4qpA))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Birthday Party~
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next