LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise Birthday Party~

Go down 
+3
Sarah Lumina
Minoushje
Fey | May
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mello

Mello

Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:29 am

What Matt hadn't noticed that his dear friend was evilly cunning, lifting his fingers behind L's head with a practiced smile. They had no idea just how similar they were...
Mello had been very intent of being the loudest one to follow Sarah's words, a result of his affection towards the girl, but once the words began twisting his tongue, he had formed his own little song...that made no sense whatsoever, of course. He was mentally cursing himself with a thousand colorful words, realizing his procrastination on practice ended up doing this to him.

Fey grinned. "Hey, no matter how old you grow, there'll always be an inner child within you." She sighed. "I thought it'd be nice to experience something a kid would for once~ You're gonna miss it, y'know." She stuck her tongue out and playfully ruffled his hair, nodding her head over at the cake. "Time to blow out the candles, birthday boy~ Make a wish!" Fey crossed her fingers and tilted her head as the group automatically began singing the English version.
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:23 am

Near smiled, maybe she was right... there was time enough in life to act as a responsible adult.
He closed his eyes.
I wish... I wish I am able to move on with my life and finally be able to accept the new things that come to my life.
Near took a breath and blew out the candles.

((hmm I wonder what or who these new things are... xD))
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 am

((Hmmmmmmmmmmmm~
I guess only time will tell, me? ;D))

"Haaapy birthday to yooou~!" Everyone clapped their hands as the candle fires were abruptly put out. "Mello, Mello~! Picture." The caramel-haired girl chirped. And then Fey pouted. "Geez, stop trying to take secret shots of--"

"Shut. Up." A very flustered blonde cut in, grumbling something incoherent as he tried to take photos of the scene before him. When he spotted L and Aika standing there, smiling at the scene together, he just felt like...it was picture perfect. Like they were a family. So Mello silently walked over to the two and held up his camera. "It'll be worth it." He quickly glared over at Matt to warn him about doing any funny things.

Fey grabbed the small knife carefully placed on the table, her wide grin slowly dropping down. She let out a long sigh. "Ah man, now I feel all guilty cutting this up. It took so much time and effort too."
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:08 am

"Don't worry about it, Fey." Aika said smiling. "It would be even more a waste if nobody can enjoy the taste of the cake."
She turned to Mello surprised after he had taken the picture.
"Didn't see that one coming... though I'll want an extra copy of that photo." She said.

Matt jumped in the air, like a little kid high on sugar.
"I WANT TO EAT THE HEAD OF THE ROBOT!!" He called out, grinning like the idiot he is.
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 am

Mello smirked. "If you give me 10 dollars, I'll edit it into a better copy."

Mello felt strangely childish at that moment. "Hey, what the fuck man?! I was looking at that part of the cake! You can have the body! Gimme the damn head!" He growled, glaring at his friend and crossing his arms over his chest. "'Sides, you'll get more of the cake part. What would you want with the small head anyway?"

Fey sweatdropped. "That's true, Aika-chan... Seems like they're already fussing about it even before it's cut up." Fey placed a hand on her hip. "Hey, hey! It's Near's birthday; I think he gets first dibs." Fey grabbed a fork and took a small piece of the cake, bringing it slowly to his lips and leaning in close. "But first, it's traditional that you take a bite."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 am

The brunette stood quietly and watched everyone. She wasn't disheartened by the sight or anything like that, more so wishing that these moments could last longer. Paige just wanted, sometimes, to be able to live like this forever. Everyone happy, without a care in the world. It made her smile.

L laughed at Matt and Mello fighting over who would get the head of the robot, it was a funny sight to see.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 am

Aika raised her eyebrows.
"I have a better idea, Mello. You will give me that better copy for free and you will still get food on your plate." She said, smiling innocently.

"If you boys keep fighting, neither one of you will get the head." Aika scolded, though she couldn't help but smile when she saw their faces.

"Hey no fair... I said it first." Matt said with a pout.

Near looked at Fey for a moment after which he opened his mouth and ate the cake.
Once he had swallowed it he spoke up: "This tastes awesome, Mino. Thanks."

"You're very welcome."

Next he looked at Fey.
"Let either one of them have the head, I don't really care what part I get as long as I get a piece of cake in general."
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:53 am

Mello pouted and lowered his head. Damnit; he knew he wouldn't be able to trick her. "Alright, alright, fine... I'll have a copy of it by next week." Once Mello noticed the distance Sarah kept, he walked over to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her along with him closer to the scene. "Hey... You're family too. There's no need to be shy; I'm here, alright?"

Mello shot a glare at Matt and sighed. "Jerk."

Fey let out a small sigh and shook her head with a smile. "I'm surprised they're older than you are." Next, she began helping Aika out by cutting up the beautiful masterpiece (in which Mello and Matt nearly threw themselves at it while wrestling against the darn robot). Fey sighed dreamily. "Aika-chan, why must you do this~? Ah~"

Mello was the one who turned on the music, feeling this extreme sugar rush in his system as he pulled Sarah to him. "Hey, wanna dance?"
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:55 am

"It'd be nice not to worry..." She spoke quietly to herself while still watching everyone from off to the side.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Aika gave a piece to L.
"There you go?" She said smiling.
Once she made sure everyone had a piece of cake she took a piece for herself.
"This is actually the most fun part about making cakes like this... eating them."

Sarah smiled at Mello's sudden happy-go-lucky behavior and allowed him to pull her close.
She wrapped her arms around his neck and slowly danced to the music.

Matt appeared behind Paige and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close.
"You're worrying too much again, love." He said softly, his English accent clearly audible. "Try to enjoy the party."

"They've always been idiots." Near said softly so the other two wouldn't hear it. "Someone just forgot to tell them that."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 pm

"Thank you," L smiled and began eating the cake.

She leaned back against Matt. "I know I am, it's just my nature, can't help it." Paige smiled.
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Mello was careful when he twirled Sarah's body, liking the melody of the music. Mello lifted an eyebrow as he moved around with Sarah. "So, what do you want for your birthday? Anything special in mind?"

Fey noticed how distant Matt and Rayne were. The girl pouted. "Rayne, I picked out some of the songs just for you. Can't you do at least one dance~? Today's a special day~" Fey nodded over to L as well. "You too, L-san. I think Aika-chan deserves some fun after all the hard work she put into this celebration."

Fey laughed at Near's comment. "That's true, but I'm glad they're idiots of our family." She smiled. Taking this chance, she slowly pulled out an envelope holding a folded piece of paper and quickly gave it to Near. "U-Um, I had a lot to say, and I probably wouldn't have gotten the chance to do so, so I wrote a letter." She scratched the back of her head. "S-Sorry if it's way too long. I actually had to hold myself back." She handed him the letter and poked her index fingers together. "I've never really had a birthday party before, nor have I known what it means to have a 'special' one, so I'm not really experienced. I just hope everything went decently tonight."
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Sarah thought about the question for a moment.
"I don't know really... I never really thought about it." Sarah said. "To me the thought behind the gift is all that matters."

At that moment a slower song could be heard and since L had just finished his cake Aika grabbed his hand and pulled him towards where Mello and Sarah were already dancing.
"We don't need to be able to dance to move on this song." She said smiling.

Matt twirled Paige round.
"Maybe I should help you forget your worries for at least one song."

"I'll read it later." Near said smiling as he stood up. "How about a dance first? Everyone's dancing, we can't stay behind."
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Mello put on a small smile and slowed his pace down as the song slowed down, letting out a light sigh. "That's very true; it's the thought that counts. But I'm terrible when it comes to picking out gifts." He needed to start planning now; he was just very eager, since Sarah was someone extremely special to him. He stuck his tongue out. "I won't force you to wear silly hats or pressure you with kiddy birthday songs; don't worry." He joked.

Fey let out a sigh. "That would be preferred." She mumbled with a smile. Her eyebrows rose. "Huh? You really want to dance?" She put on a light blush. "I-I wouldn't mind it."
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

"But you don't have to worry about it now." Sarah said. "My birthday is still months away."

Near led Fey towards the 'dance floor' (which nothing more than a certain part of the grass) and wrapped an arm around her waist.
"My birthday wouldn't be complete without a dance."
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm

"B-But there's so much to do. There's the cake, the presents, the decorations, the..." He trailed off when he noticed the light smile on Sarah's face. The male immediately grew silent and let out a sigh, holding her a little closer and smirking. "Sorry, I was just inspired by today. Damn my competitive nature..." He mumbled. "Let's just enjoy the moment for now, right?"

Fey grew flustered at the sudden closeness, but smiled despite it. "I-I heard you were a good dancer, even though you don't like dancing often." She put on a smirk. "Is there anything you can't do?"
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Near thought about the question for a short moment.
"I can't cook." He said. "I can't even bake an egg."
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Fey let out a giggle. "Every human has a flaw... But hey, eggs are scary. When they start crackling on the pan..." She pouted. "It flippin' hurts. Aika's a superhero when it comes to cooking." The girl smiled. "Though, it's the effort that counts, after all~" She wasn't much of a dancer, so she was hesitant at what or what not to do. The song was slow, so luckily, there was just a slow movement.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Once the song was finished Aika turned to Fey.
"I think it's about time Near gets to unwrap his gifts, don't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Fey turned to Aika and beamed. "Oh, yeah! That's like the most fun part too!" She chirped, taking Near's hand and leading him back to his chair while everyone grabbed the gifts they'd got and walked over to him.

Mello looked a little embarrassed at the size of his small gift. He'd originally headed out to buy Near a gift, but once he caught sight of the locket he'd given Sarah at that store, he just had to buy it. To get rid of the embarrassment, he extended his out first. "Here. Um, happy birthday."
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 am

"Thanks..." Near said as he started unwrapping the gift to find a [I have not a clue, let me know and I'll edit the post]. He smiled.

Aika was next. She placed two gifts in front of him.

Near unwrapped the smaller one first.
"A Rubik's Cube?" He questioned, surprised by the gift.

"Yeah I know..." Aika said with a shrug of her shoulders. "You'll probably solve it under one minute but I noticed you didn't have one yet and it's the most difficult toy I could find."
She laughed a bit.
"Or at least in my opinion... I've never been able to solve it."

"It's easy... but thanks."
Next he unwrapped the second present to find a very light grey (almost white) cable sweater. Which came in handy cause he disliked shopping and actually needed some new winter clothes. He wasn't surprised that Aika had noticed this.

"M-Mello helped me pick out this gift." Sarah said softly as she handed him the present.

Near unwrapped the gift, he already knew it was a book judging by the weight and the shape.
"The Immortal Game: A History of Chess... How 32 Carved Pieces on a Board Illuminated Our Understanding of War, Art, Science and the Human Brain." He read out loud.

"Y-you seem t-to like chess so... uhm... I-I hope you like it."

"It seems interesting to read." Near said.
Normally he wasn't all that good at receiving gifts but right now he was starting to see the fun in it and since everyone was almost standing in a line he looked at the next person.

Matt held up his hands.
"Don't look at me. Paige is holding our gift."
(cause he had totally forgotten to buy one)
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Fey sent Matt a deadly glare and puffed her cheeks. Even after she'd posted reminders on his precious gaming devices...

She'd been so caught up in the little moment of all the smiles that it took a while for her to register that it was was her turn. So scurrying off towards the table at the corner, she held her breath as she hoisted the heavy box and carried it all the way to the white-haired male. She was struggling, a nervous smile marring her lips as she placed it gently on his lap and let out a breath. "And this is from me. I, um, apologize for how heavy it is."

Fey was hoping that the custom-made puzzle piece would be something special. She wasn't sure if Near had still remembered her little promise back on their wonderful date hang-out together, how she'd gather all the pieces of his "heart" and put them together if she had to. She was smirking on the inside; he'd find out that there were a few puzzle pieces missing soon enough, but she would hold onto them once she made sure she found his happiness. The picture the puzzle formed was symbolic too.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Paige smiled and held on to the wrapped box. She smiled as Fey handed her gift over to Near.
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Near was surprised by the large gift.
He was even more surprised when he unwrapped it... it was a blank cardboard box.
He opened it and when he noticed the puzzel pieces he grinned.
"This will be an interesting challenge." He looked at Fey. "Just how many pieces are this?"
Back to top Go down
Mello

Mello

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Fey grinned and held up four fingers, tilting her head to the side. "Ten thousand. Yep, one with four zeroes." She stuck her tongue out. "My, my, is the talented Nate given a challenge he might find impossible~?"

Mello did a double-back. "What the fuck?! Ten thousand?!"

((I HAVE A MAJOR WRITER'S BLOCK FOR THISSSSSSSSS. ;n; ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Party~   Surprise Birthday Party~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Birthday Party~
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next