LMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawliet...let us show you how much we love you...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Operation: Mom&Dad

Go down 
+3
Minoushje
Fey | May
Rayne|Paige
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Upon hearing Fey's voice, Paige tugged Matt along. "Come on nii-chan~ Fey says it's food time~"

L headed down the stairs and to the kitchen when he heard the call that dinner was ready.
Back to top Go down
Minoushje
Admin
Minoushje

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:26 pm

"See, I told you dinner is ready." Aika's father said with a shrug of his shoulders.
The two men walked to the kitchen.

"YES FOOD!!" He called out, grinning like an idiot. "I'm starving!!"
He grabbed Paige by the hand and walked down the stairs with her... letting go just before they appeared in the kitchen.

Sarah just stared at her feet, not knowing how the respond to Mello's comment/compliment.
She took a deep breath and placed her hand on his lower arm.
"Could you help me find an empty seat at the table?" She asked.

As everyone started to gather in the kitchen Aika was just about done with setting the table.
Thanks to the apple pie that was still in the oven, there was a delicious smell spreading throughout the kitchen and it really gave it a homey feeling.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Paige sat down between Matt and Near, a smile placed on her lips. "Smells amazing as per the norm."

L sat down and smiled as well, happy that there was pie for dessert.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Mello blinked a few times, his muscle twitching at the warmth of her touch before he mumbled a 'yes' and nodded. "Just...just sit next to me. It'll be easier." Without even thinking, he grabbed the girl's hand and led her to the table. As they entered, he immediately let go, face burning bright red when he'd encountered a very...very pleased Fey. She could only grin and walk back into the kitchen to get the others stuff. Mello just glared, but nodded his head towards Sarah to follow him to the table. Damnit, why was he stuttering...?

Everyone started gathering by the table while Fey stood near it, waiting for the guests to take their place before she seated herself. As they did so, she scanned for an empty chair. There was one right beside Near's, who was looking away like he almost always did. She didn't know why she found it so hard to just walk over there and sit down; perhaps after yesterday, she was a bit afraid of breaking the friendly streak, especially after seeing him leave with a face like that?
Back to top Go down
Near

Near

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Near looked away from Fey.
Why was she hesitating to sit next to him? Sure yesterday had been a bit... difficult. And he knew that it was his fault but he had not expected that she'd be offended by it.
Maybe he should ask her to sit next to him... but there's only one empty chair left so that would make him sound needy or something. He just sighed and decided to just stay silent.

Sarah sat down next to Mello.
Strangely enough she wasn't hungry at all... not anymore at least. When she was sitting outside she had been hungry but now it felt like there were butterflies fluttering around.
She just had no idea why.

When everyone had taken their place Aika and her mother started placing the plates of food in front of the others... much like in a restaurant.
After everyone had a plate in front of them Aika sat down, looking at L with a careful smile.
"Enjoy your meal everyone."

Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

Location : High school (morning, weekdays); game shop (afternoon-night, weekends)

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Fey didn't know why she was feeling like this; she ended up having no choice but to take the place beside him. She was inwardly relieved; she really did want to sit next to him, choosing to ignore the fuzzy feeling from earlier that put a halt on her confidence. She walked over and sat down almost immediately, feeling her stomach do some kind of flop. But with all the confidence she had, she turned her head towards Near with a whole-hearted smile. "You didn't eat much yesterday, so make sure you eat up, alright?" And with that, she faced the people in front of her and slapped her palms together. "Itadakimasu~"

Mello didn't feel hungry anymore. Earlier, he was getting all groggy because of the hunger, but now he'd just seemed to lose all of it. Why did he feel like his stomach was already full? He turned his head towards Sarah and nodded over to her plate. "Why aren't you eating? You won't have any energy left."
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 pm

"Thank you." Paige smiled before picking up her fork and beginning to eat.

L smiled back and began to eat as well. He always looked forward to Aika's meals in a day.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 am

Sarah had not even noticed that she was mostly just playing with her food.
"Uhh..."
Mello's question surprised her.
"I uhm..." Her mind racing to find an explanation. "Aika, must have been so busy preparing everything that she forgot I am a vegetarian... that means no fish either."
Well, that was a good reason to ignore her food, right?

"Yes mom." Near said, though the expression in his eyes showed he was just making fun of her.
He took a bite from the food.
"Though this probably has a higher nutritional value... the riceballs you made yesterday tasted better."

Hiro leaned towards Ryuuzaki.
"It's nice to have a woman who can cook like this for you everyday, huh?" He whispered grinning.
*SMACK*
"It's rude to whisper when in company of others." Aika's mother said strictly.
Aika's father rubbed his now painful head... where on earth his wife suddenly got that wooden spoon was a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

The brunette quietly ate her food, a smile on her face. She couldn't wait until they went to "school" tomorrow; she was as frustrated as Matt when it came to not being able to do anything. Paige really couldn't wait to just spend an entire day doing a slew of random things with Matt.

L smiled a little at Hiro's comment and stopped himself from laughing when his wife hit him with the spoon.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Mello's lips parted; the thought had totally failed to cross his mind. He looked down at his plate and shrugged. "You can always leave out the fish; look, it isn't touching the rice. You can have mine; I really don't have an appetite." Without any hesitation, he looked back carefully not to be spotted and slid all his rice over at Sarah's plate despite it becoming overfilled, returning his plate back with a blush. "If you...if you lose weight, I'm gonna get pissed." Flattery wasn't his strongest point, but hey, he tried.

Fey puffed her cheeks and mumbled, taking a bite from her food. "Hey, hey, you're older than I am..." But she smiled, seeing right through his playful manner. His next comment made her smile widen even further and she placed her hands on her warm cheeks. "Eh? R-Really? You mean it? Because this was made by both Aika and mother--combined." She couldn't stress it even more; their skill was just...beyond remarkable. She was the type who appreciated the smallest compliments. "Thank you... Well then, whenever you're craving something, just say the word~"

At the sound of the smack, Mello simply smiled and shook his head, while Fey nearly chocked on her food to hold back a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 am

"Maybe it is because it's normal for them to make food like this. Food just tastes better if you know people did their very best to make it as delicious as possible." Near said casually. "And besides, you helped today didn't you?"

"But I could say the same for you..." Sarah said softly. "...What are you going to eat if you have placed everything on my plate?"
Nonetheless she took a small bite from her food.
When she heard the smack her eyes widened a bit.
"What just happened, did something break?" She questioned.

Aika started laughing when she heard Sarah's question.
"Just my father's ego, that's all."

"Oh." Sarah said, blushing in embarrassment because of her mistake. "Sorry."

"That's okay, dear." Aika's mother replied. "Let me give you a good advice, ladies. A wooden spoon can be a very powerful weapon if you wish for your other half to behave. There's even one that is more effective but ask me about that one when you are getting married."

Hearing what Aika's mother said to the girls caused Matt to almost literally start choking on his food.
He started coughing, tears appearing in his eyes.
He was sincerely hoping that Paige would never ask about that weapon...she's dangerous enough to handle without such 'weapons'.
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am

Fey let out a light giggle and blushed ever so slightly at his flattery, scratching the side of her mouth. "Well, I did help around, but I probably focused more on the ice-cream that Aika's mother taught me. Using a machine, to add." Fey raised an eyebrow. "Do you like sweet things? Because I really do want you to try it; Aika's mother said something about it making people happier if you put your love and hard-work into it." Fey averted her eyes slightly towards a very tense blonde, her gaze growing from very sweet to extremely playful.

Mello simply shook his head. "I'm not hungry; seriously, I'm not a big fan on fish myself, but that's also because I don't have an appetite right now." He coolly replied, nodding over to her plate. "Just...eat up, alright? You don't seem to eat much, which isn't good. Seriously." At Sarah's question, Mello couldn't help but smile as she blushed cutely in embarrassment. He could feel someone's eyes upon him, and when he followed that direction, his eyes immediately grew narrow at the sight of the caramel-haired female in front of him. She began to mouth something to him, causing him to blink a few times as he inched slightly closer for her to repeat. Though, he couldn't quite function those words through his brain; oh, he was fully aware of what her "suggestion" was, but like hell he'd do that. The stubbornness got the best of him, and he quickly looked towards Aika's parents' direction before grabbing a small carrot and throwing it right at Fey's forehead.

The girl puffed her cheeks and shook her head; that look in her eye gave Mello the bad idea. So with a (fake) surprised expression, Fey brought her hands to her cheeks and made sure her voice was louder than a whisper. "Brother dearest, food belongs on a plate. Heck, if, let's say Sarah-chan for example, was in my place, what would you do if she got hurt?" Fey shook her head and glanced over at Aika's mother. "Those are good manner, right mother~?" When she saw the slight change in mother's expression and the way Mello tensed, Fey turned her head towards Near with a wink as she covered her mouth to prevent from breaking out into a laughter.
Back to top Go down
Rayne|Paige
Admin
Rayne|Paige

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 am

Paige completely resisted the urge to give Matt a look that said she'd been given some ideas (if only to scare the hell out of him for fun) and settled instead for smirking while she continued to eat. Once she swallowed she commented, though. "How well does that trick work on brothers?"

L was enjoying himself. Dinner was so lighthearted and happy, different from normal. Usually it was still happy and slightly lighthearted, but there was always a sense of tension floating between everyone mostly coming from a certain brunette who didn't like to talk and so tonight's dinner was very refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lumina

Sarah Lumina

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

"I honestly have no idea." Aika's mother said but she did get the hint. "I suppose you can only try and find out."

Sarah did not want to upset Mello and so she ate as much as she could.

When everyone had finished eating Aika collected all the plates.
"Time for dessert. The apple pie is still warm."

((haha it is impossible to update while visiting a friend with two little kids... Further updating will have to wait until I'm back home ^^"))
Back to top Go down
Fey | May

Fey | May

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 am

Mello put on a triumphant smile, satisfied to see the sight of Sarah chewing for once. At the sound of dessert, he could only raise an eyebrow in interest, but then he let out a small sigh. He was hoping for something smothered in chocolate or something along those lines.

Fey beamed and stood up to help Aika out with the apple pie. "Excuse me for just a while, Near." And then she headed off to the kitchen along with Aika, opening up the freezer and cracking open the white container they'd made the ice-cream in. Fey hummed lightly. "That froze up fast."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Mom&Dad   Operation: Mom&Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation: Mom&Dad
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LMA :: LMA HQ :: Kitchen/In-Suite Bakery-
Jump to: